Monday, July 25, 2005

Nothing To Lose


I'm not sure where John Voulieris is getting his information from (although I'd kinda like to know, to be honest), but he's just posted a rumour on All The Rage claiming that Peter Berg is in discussions to make a movie based on The Losers.

Now this is one of those things I'm not really supposed to talk about, despite not owning or having any official stake in The Losers myself. But Greg Noveck (DC Comics' answer to Avi Arad) has told me before now that he gets more expressions of interest from Hollywood regarding The Losers than for any other DC property. Make of that what you will.

The only downside is that Warner Bros have first dibs on any feature versions of DC properties, and there are already several heavy-hitters with production deals at WB (people you've heard of, trust me) who supposedly want to make the Losers movie. Which sounds great, until you realise that until they stop squabbling over who gets the biggest slice of the pie, nobody's even going to option the damn thing.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying, don't believe anything until you read it in the trades.

Still. Fingers crossed, eh?

No comments: